I'm Craving Sushi

I had this question and thought it was silly to ask but I'm gonna ask anyways now. This is pregnancy #2 and I have to know.

Can I eat sushi if there's no fish in it? Like if it was cooked shrimp or just veggies wrapped in seaweed???

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 11:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes enjoy!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The Japanese have been eating sushi for lord knows how long and having babies for thousands of years. I ate sushi after my prenatal appointments-- raw fish included, and it was delicious! ;)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• you can eat sushi you just have to be carefull which ones you are eating. Some of the fish they use are high in mercury so just steer clear of those.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• you can have sushi with fish in it too!!!!!!!!! do the research. i ate it when i was pregnant and my husbands aunt is eating it during her pregnancy. they use the best cut fish and they are so careful with it. i wouldn't recommended from a grocery store but at a japanese restaurant go crazy. you can also eat cold cuts w/o warming them and hot dogs. i ate an unheated ball park frank out of the package almost every single day. perfect baby came out in perfect health
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You guys are awsome!!! I'm heading home next week and hubby wants to go to a Japanese reusturant I talk about so much. I thought I'd have to suffer.
    Dayija

Comment by Dayija (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• YUCKKK How many weeks are you? Ihope Idon't crave that lol never had it.Just sounds disgusting! LMAO
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 12:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• YUMMY!!!! I craved it with my first pregnancy (it's actually how I acquired my taste for it lol) and badly this time around. I looked online and everything I read said it's ok, but to stay away from certain fish. Of course you run the same risk of getting sock, it's a little higher risk of becoming sick. Always ask your doc to make sure. I might have to so sushi for lunch tomorrow!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• YES! i love sushi and not having it was (key word WAS) my least favorite part of pregnancy. but i found you can eat any sushi, so long as you trust the chef preparing it. the raw fish isnt bad for you on its own...its the risk of you getting sick from it, which could hurt the baby, that makes us steer clear. since im in Oklahoma i dont trust any sushi chef here enough to eat the raw stuff, but if i was on the coast i probably would.

if you cant trust anyone here are the kinds that are cooked and have no danger at all...veggie rolls, California rolls, Philly rolls, unagi (eel) my favorite!, shrimp, tempura, and octopus. im sure theres others.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• if you are craving it alot you should go shopping for the ingredients its very easy to make it you know lol
    vall11

Answer by vall11 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I ate it while pregnant with fish as well
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011