Back pain ever since I had my daughter...can anyone give me some insight?

Ever since I had my daughter (almost 3) whenever I am lieing down, if I turn a certain way or move the wrong way something in my lower back pops and it sends pain all up my back. It's almost as if one bone is catching on another bone. It's not just pain that seems to be caused by physical exertion or by doing something that strained my back, it's only when I'm lieing down and when I happen to move a wrong way....I need some help figuring out what it could be. I've heard lots of stories of women having lower back pain after child birth near or around the site of their epidural, but I really don't believe my problem has anything to do with having the epidural. (Yes I did have one, btw.) Let me know what you think ladies! Thank you!!

B-rit_32506

Asked by B-rit_32506 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• What makes you sure that it's not the epi?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Well Im not 100% sure that it's not. I just said that I really don't think it is from the epidural because of the feeling of one bone catching on another bone in my back. I've only ever heard of women with back pain from an epi as having just plain pain, no popping or anything like that.
    B-rit_32506

Comment by B-rit_32506 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I suffered from chronic back pain for years and I honestly thought that I was going to end up in a wheelchair.  In desperation I went to a chiropractor and he said that I have scar tissue where I had my epidural.   It took about a year but now I'm pain free. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Go to the md let him/her know. It is very easy to strain or pop a disc. They sgould do a MRI on you to see. If there is nothing on the film it could be a nerve and unfourtunately there is not much you can do for this. They may try phyical therapy. For now untill you get to the md yoyu can use heat to the area on and off for 20 minute internals. You can also use Tylenol or Motrin/ibuprofen with food as directed as long as you dont have stomach issues or other medical issues that prevent you from taking it.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2011