I'm newly pregnant, and highly jealous. is this normal?

My Boyfriend and I have been living together for about a month and I'm already 5 weeks pregnant. in the beginning of our relationship, we both decided it was ok for us to keep our relationships with friends of the opposite sex because we are confidant in our relationship.
Now that I'm pregnant, and I've moved out of my home state of florida to live with him in Oklahoma, I'm found that most of my friends female or male, have kinda gotten out of the picture, but he still has many female friends. Idk if I'm over reacting but something about them messaging him on FB saying "oh honey I can't wait until you visit" makes me jealous. idk. Should I bring this to his attention, or should I just leave it alone?

ugh

Wowifey

Asked by Wowifey at 12:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If you have confidence in your relationship leave it alone, if you suspect something wrong I would address it. But if it was a previous agreement I would leave it be and be happy you have him :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think you should get to know his friends first before discussing it....considering you both agreed to maintain your friendships. Its not his fault that your friends live in FL...and yes it is normal your hormones are crazy right now, not to mention its a big transition moving from your hometown and your lonely besides being with him....make new friends there and explain to him that its different for you since you only have him there now.
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• let me further explain. His "friends" are mostly girls that are his EX girlfriends, or girls that he's just hooked up with and now they talk every so often. Some of them text him often and randomly. IDK If were just Girls that he's had no past with, it would be different , and I wouldn't care, but for some reason I feel kinda wierd about it.
    Wowifey

Comment by Wowifey (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't think it is necessary for him to have casual contact with exes of any kind. If he saw them on the street, a pleasant hello would be fine, but Facebook friends? That is immature and not appropriate for someone who is in a serious relationship with a baby on the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• how do i go about bringing this up to him without him calling me silly.. i feel very vulnerable right now, and it's sad to feel alone this early in my pregnancy
    Wowifey

Comment by Wowifey (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Tell him that you feel vulnerable and don't want to feel alone. Be serious with him. Sit down and really talk about it. Just don't bring it up casually while he is doing something else. Be sincere and calm, and if he calls you silly, tell him he may think it is silly but YOU do not, and go from there. You need him to be understanding and respectful of your feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think a lot of your jealousy is stemming from insecurity - natural insecurity that women often feel when pregnant.

I think you should sit down with your boyfriend and tell him outright how you're feeling. Make sure you use "I" statements such as "I feel this," or "My perception is this." Don't place blame on him, because chances are he has not done anything wrong - especially not intentionally. Tell him that you're feeling insecure and vulnerable. Explain to him that you're not accusing him of being unfaithful, or anything similar, but that you would appreciate if he might try and take extra care to be sensitive to those feelings, because your pregnant brain is going through an emotional roller coaster.

If he is as great a guy as you make him out to be, I am sure he will understand and do his best to make you feel more comfortable.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 2:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2011