Overeacting or not?!?!

Do you think its appropriate to sign a 4 year old up a facebook page? Apparently not old enough to write on it or read what other people write, but seriously!!! I found out my daughter had a fb page with a pic of her when she was 8 months old...it told what city and state her birthday minus the year she was born....and on top of that....the ex thought there was no problem it was a scrapbook that he wanted to show our daughter when she was older.....really?

proudmama101906

Asked by proudmama101906 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• WTF. no way that's horrible. my 10 year old neice has a facebook and I am absolutely furious over it. plus who knows what creeps are out there. Im sorry if that's not what you were looking for but idk what else to say
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 12:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• In my opinion that's a complete NO! She's a baby at that and thats very dangerous as well.Think of all the pedifiles thats out there and kidnappers.NO MOST DEFINITELY A VIOLATION!!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 12:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I agree....Im just doing this survey so he understands Im not the crazy one getting upset for no reason!!! Thank you....and I made him remove it already
    proudmama101906

Comment by proudmama101906 (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I agree with you...my friend had myspace pages for her kids when that was the in thing...i thought she was nuts! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• He is mad at me now saying he would never do anything to harm our daughter....I know he wouldnt but he doesnt realize what predators are like....just giving the city and state was bad....he had the posts set to friends only and no one could write on her wall that wasnt a friend but still!!!
    proudmama101906

Comment by proudmama101906 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I can't imagine any parent making a FB page at that age. If he wants to start a scrapbook page, he can make the real thing. What made him think that this was okay?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• HA!!! i told him the same thing....even said i would buy one and put pics in it for him
    proudmama101906

Comment by proudmama101906 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Are you serious? My daughter will be 4 yrs old in May. Who in their right mind creates a "social" profile for a child? I understand the concept of wanting to have pictures/scrapbook/whatever, but for goodness sake use snapfish.com or I agree with the comment of doing it the old fashioned way (REAL print pictures in a physical scrapbook. i know...crazy). These social media sites have NO privacy at all, no regulations on pedophiles, and are breeding grounds for trouble. For crying out loud, 13 yr olds shouldn't really be on it for the same reasons, and they can at least read. How scary. Side note though: my ex would do the same thing. They are so ignorant sometimes its insane! I don't think that men (and some women either) fully grasp the doors they are opening in these situations. It doesn't take long at all for a professional predator to access your personal information online if he really wanted to even w/ security settings.
    momofbeauty07

Answer by momofbeauty07 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• personally i think that isn't right. my son is 2 1/2 and i would never think of doing that. I have photo's of him on my face book page but i have it so only friends can see the pictures. there is no need to make a profile for a child.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Nope, that does not seem like a good idea. If you are wanting to make a scrap book you can do that in other ways. there are too many creeps out in the world to have the child exposed in that manner is not safe.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2011