If you live in an apartment......

Do you think that your landlord is responsible for putting rock salt down to melt the snow and ice, or are we responsible?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• it is their building and they need to keep the walkways free of ice...if something happens to a tenant the tenant has the right to sue. if they are not on site their should be a maintenance person doing the shoveling and salting/sanding
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• They are responsible. I've lived in several apartments and that was their responsibility.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have no manager on site so if it was needed it would be the tenatns job but it doesn't really snow here anyway.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• they are responsible for plowing. putting salt down i don't think so. that stuff eats your tires anyway
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It should say in your lease. Ours says we are responsible for keeping the sidewalks clear from ice and debris. BUT... we live in a house that was converted into two apartments. So our landlord does not live on site.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My landlord salts the walkways, but I salt my stairs. I've lived here for 7 years and it's always been that way.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Our landlord is not on site. We also live in a state that doesnt get much snow and ice on average so they tend to WAY over do it when it freezes here. DH and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska for 4 years we know ice and snow. So us and our neighbors who is from Michigan take care of it.
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 9:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• nope, i think you are.
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• its the landlords job,, but my landlord sucks at it i fell 2 and the lady fell 1 because he is a crappy landlord..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 2:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011