Second baby shower?

we should fin out on the 19th what we're having,..talking to my dad today, he was asking if we were having a shower, and that he had been talking to my mom about it. I've heard of people doing showers for the second, third and so on,..but is it tacky? My dd will be 3 when baby is born (literally, dd was born June 2 and I'm due June 13)..I kept all her clothes but got rid of the other things when we moved the first time about 2 years ago or stuff broke and had to be thrown out. We're obviously replacing all the furniture..my dad threw my first shower (we're really close) and is wanting to do another one..so, what do you all think?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 12:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Definitely tacky. You get the major stuff at the first shower usually. People should be expected to keep providing for you and your babies. Some people will probably get you some stuff anyway, so personally I would be embarrassed to have another shower. It just appears greedy and classless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Sorry, I mean SHOULDN'T be expected...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't think it's tacky, especially when there's a wider spread like that. I just attended a friend's shower, and she'll have 2 daughters under 2. No big deal, and no one thought it was weird. Enjoy, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No not tacky at all I have 4 kids and have never had a baby shower you should be greatful! I would be! Plus all the extra stuff will come in so very handy and so useful. take the baby shower!!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 1:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Hey this is fun and not tacky by any means: My friend had one

A Diaper Shower.  Basically a baby shower but only requesting diapers.  You can also call it a Pamper Shower, a Huggies Shower, w/e your preference is.  You also add that for every pack you get an entry into a raffle and for every jumbo pack you get 3 or 4 entries.  You can do favors and games like a regular shower but you add in the diaper raffle with a cute prize.  This way you are getting all of the diapers you need, the brand you like and it's a celebration.

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I only think it is tacky if you throw one for yourself.

Congrats
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• plus there are always going to be the people who bring diapers for the raffle and clothes and extra stuff.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh yeah by the way i'm pregnant again and still no offers on a baby shower.take it its wonderful!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 1:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I do not think it is tacky. I think the stuck up bitches that are counting every present and expecting it to be kept forever just in case are tacky.

Do not worry about it. The people that think it is tacky won't show up, but that is a bonus... now you will know who the nasty rude hags are.

ALL babies should be welcomed with a party.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• In my group of friends it's not about giving gifts because the parents can't afford items... so much as it's about celebrating the birth of a new life. I threw my best friends 2nd shower and she was planning mine right up until my water broke at 3am the morning of and I ended up in the hospital. Have the shower! Everyone enjoys a baby shower and goggling the pregnant mama, swapping stories and checking out the cute baby stuff. If someone finds it tacky, they don't have to come. Pretty simple!

If I have a third baby I'm totally looking forward to actually getting another shower. Heck, I'm looking forward to *anyone* getting pregnant as an excuse to plan a good baby shower! We all argue over whose turn it is. :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2011