Does it taste different?

When you cut out a certain food or drink from your diet and then introduce it again (occasionally), does it taste weird for you?

I stopped drinking a lot of Mountain Dew (I love the stuff, but with both hubby and me drinking it, we were going through it faster than we could replenish it) and went to Coke and then the store brand cola. After awhile, I was just drinking more coffee with my normal amount of milk and water.

In the last few days, I've had two Dews and they taste.. odd. I'm assuming this is normal when one removes something from their diet. Does this weird taste keep you from drinking/eating it or do you go back to eating/drinking it?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes, it's completely normal. =) The weird taste you're experiencing is happening because you're not used to the taste anymore...

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i've had that problem.. like I went from drinking diet pepsi to drinking diet coke, and when i tried diet pepsi again it was completely nasty.... but now i'm back to drinking diet pepsi caffiene free since i'm preggo.
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 1:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• oh for sure it does!!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I only take occasional sips of DH's Mt Dew (I'll open a new can and he'll finish it) - and yeah, it does taste weird to me. I used to drink a couple cans a day 10 years or so ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I quit drinking Diet Coke for lent last year and I didn't like it after I started back up. I thought had kicked the habit for good, but after 3 day sI like it again.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes it always taste weird for a bit!

@luvs QUIT drinking DC...whew I wish I could...LOVE IT TO MUCH!!!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2011