What can I do to help him?

Here it goes...

Son- is 2.

My son will wake up in the middle of the night screaming! I wake him up and he'll stop. He still will be upset and I will hold him until he falls back to sleep. He usually only does this when he's in his bed. (he gets up in the middle of the night and gets in bed with us. I have tired everything to keep him in his own bed and I finally have learn his pattern. When he wakes up and wants us I just go into his room tuck him back in. Give him more sippy. And read him another book and he'll go back to sleep until morning, Makes me crazy but it works for now.) Anyways...tonight he was in our bed. And it happened he woke up SCREAMING bloody murder. It took about 10minutes to get him calmed down. I don't understand the child. He has been very clingy since "school" (mothers morning out program at a church) has been on holiday. Thankful he goes back next week and we can all get back on schedule. There have been no major changes in the last 8 months. (New baby & new house in May 2010) We had a schedule and everybody was doing great!?!?!

Has you're child done this? Is there anything I can do to help him?

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could be night terrors, there isn't really much you can do for them, just comfort him and help him fall asleep like you have been doing.

this site has some really good info on night terrors:
    http://www.toddlerstoday.com/articles/sleep-issues/night-terrors-in-toddlers-2168/

hope that helps. GL!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My special needs son is 9 and still does this they have done many test and belive its night terrors or possibly has small seizures in his sleep. the older he has gotten the less severe it is and therepy has helped teach him to calm himself during these episodes. talk to his Dr for advice.
    nikkitorres

Answer by nikkitorres at 3:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my 3 yr old started doing this when she was 2 and she still has "night terrors".
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 3:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Does sound like night terrors. Almost every night my son will pretty much do the same thing.
    Kbp1987

Answer by Kbp1987 at 5:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011