How can I convince my husband we're ready for a baby?

We'll be married 4 years this February. We had a surprise pregnancy last year the ended in a miscarriage. It's been a rough year getting over it but now I'm ready to try again. He's still hesitating. Any suggestions?

mellynoma

Asked by mellynoma at 1:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• welp.. that is a touchy one... have u tried communicating with him and letting him know how much this means to you? letting him know that your ready and maybe finding out if and when hes ready too maybe little hints here and there and if u have already done that maybe re assure him that it will be a big change but nothing that you both as a family cant handle ;) wish u luck
    mommi638

Answer by mommi638 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Just sit down and talk with him. Your odds of miscarrying again are unlikely. I had one myself that was devestating to both dh and me. You'll always remember the one that you lost, but if you have another baby it will help fill a void.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Make an appointment with you OB/GYN and have him go with you so that he can ask any questions that he may have concerning you getting pregnant again and the possibility of miscarrying. Have him write down questions before the appointment so that he will be ready. My husband had concerns before we started the IVF process and we met with the RE for him to ask his questions and voice all of his concerns to the doctor and he felt a whole better afterwards and was ok with us proceeding with the IVF process. Hope this helps.
    Danie0330

Answer by Danie0330 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Y is he hesitating?
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 10:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Athough I have neveer experienced the pain of a miscarriage, and I am deeply sorry that you and your husband did, make sure that the both of you have healed to the extent necessary to move forward and try for another baby. Maybe you could talk to him and allow him to express his deep feelings about hesitating to try moreso than trying to "convince" him to change his feelings. You may be able to help him heal better and and move past some of his worries, fears, and anxieties. I pray things work out for you guys!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 11:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Have a heart to heart. Explain to him that you are ready now. After I had a miscarriage I was ready before my husband was we talked it out and decided that it may just be the right time. He was still unsure but he wanted to go ahead and try since I was so compassionate about it. Once we got preg he wasnt so afraid anymore.

MNsMOMMY2007

Answer by MNsMOMMY2007 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2011