Am I justified in being furious? or is he right?

I just recently found out my ex started a fb page for our 4 year old daughter....
his side: he wanted to make a scrapbook for her when shes older to read....only friends could write and read posts so it wasnt a big deal.
my side: I was able to look up her name and found it....there was a pic of her when she was 8 months old....it told what city and state she lived in...her birth day not year....and I could see all her "friends"....if I can see all that info so can creepo that likes to scout out little girls for their fun.....I obviously blew up on him demanding it be removed after I reported it to facebook apparently....now hes furious with me cuz "shame on me for thinking i would think he would put our daughter in harms way" WELL HELLO!!!!! sex offenders are out there and it terrified me....am I overreacting or am I justified in thinking that was irresponsible???

proudmama101906

Asked by proudmama101906 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• You can have it deleted.

You can also do what I did. I made a "secret group" on face book for all of my family to share photos and videos so we can copy and print for our selves. It's secret meaning people must be members of the group to even find it, and they only become members via invite. Nothing is searchable.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would of reacted the same way you did, yes there are sex predators out there who search for kids.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• he already did....I demanded it
    proudmama101906

Comment by proudmama101906 (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Im glad he did, i had been thinking about making one for my 4yr old but then thought wth am i thinking.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have pics of her on my page but only my friends can see them....I know he wouldn't intentionally do something to hurt her, it just makes me angry to see how careless he is....I know I'm a worrier but I watch Nancy Grace darnit that stuff is scary lol
    proudmama101906

Comment by proudmama101906 (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Giving a child a fb account is crazy. You can just make a scrapbook!! Take videos at holidays and birthdays and stuff.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't think that's a worrier, that's being a parent. Clearly you have more critical thinking skills than your ex :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thk you Domonique I appreciate that....and thank you ladies....I told him I would write in a survey to the newspaper and get opinions....he's so angry with me....and has now turned all his fb friends against me thinking Im just a B but Im just protecting my daughter.
    proudmama101906

Comment by proudmama101906 (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• What i would be so fricken mad my 13 year old is not even allowed on FB. I would erase that so fast yes im a protective parrent but their is a point where u need to draw the line good luck
    nikkitorres

Answer by nikkitorres at 2:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Make a Shutterfly account. It's got some really good safety features, isn't searchable unless you want it to be and is meant for kids and families.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011