I want to do something special for my kids this valentines day hmm any ideas

i normally decorate the house according to the season or holiday and i like to get them involved or have special treats from them ... but the catch is im trying to avoid the sweets we had our dental visit yesterday and welp we just need to limit the candy soo i have two older boys 7 and 6 and my lil princess that is 2 wondering what can i do to make thier day Sweet!!1 just as they are?

mommi638

Asked by mommi638 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• you could make homeade valentines and hang them up around the house
    ohioautsimmommy

Answer by ohioautsimmommy at 2:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• thats an awesome idea.. thanx!
    mommi638

Comment by mommi638 (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• you are most welcome
    ohioautsimmommy

Answer by ohioautsimmommy at 2:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Imake a fancy dinner tablecloth, candles, wine glasses with sparkling cider, table sprinkles the works. I always have a little something special sitting on each of their plates. It is nice for the whole family they love to be treated like adults with kid friendly surprises like fancy cupcakes we make earlier in the day. have fun.
    nikkitorres

Answer by nikkitorres at 2:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You could do something with breafest or dinner, but making it in heart shapes and whatnot. Pancakes cut into hearts or a pizza. I also saw somewhere you could do a little scavenger hunt in the house. Make little hears with clues (ie. go to where we eat dinner, where do you sleep, where mommy sleeps...) and at the end have a little gift, whatever you want it to be. Since you don't want them having treats maybe you could do some small gifts or something...lol, I am not very creative sorry :P
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• all ideas are pefrfect and i think what makes it easier is to see the differences in what other moms think of and then including each idea how neat!! they are going to be ecstatic thanx so much ladies!!!
    mommi638

Comment by mommi638 (original poster) at 3:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• http://familyfun.go.com/valentines-day/

I love this website for holiday ideas!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Great ideas so far and not much I could add, but I'll try. Eat off the china for dinner! Visit the library and check out Valentine-themed books and have a special story time. Write them each their own poem.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• We decorate for every holiday as well. I do up my son's room each month with the holiday theme. As soon as the Christmas decorations came down up went Valentine's Day decorations. I had to do some extra things to fit MLK in. My son is four and besides decorating his room, giving a card and chocolate heart, giving V-day cards and treats for his class I am going to add a few more things. I am going to pick out a special book, I Love You Forever (I love you for ever, I will like you always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be) and put a special note in there so he can keep it always and read it to his own children when he is grown. I am also going to write him a love letter about how much I love him, like him, and name the things that I really like about him and admire. This letter I will read to him and then put in his baby book.  Make red heart shaped cookies, put a heart shaped sandwhich in his lunch with one

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Hershey's Kiss for desert. For dinner we will go out as a family. Most likely to a child friendly place so we can enjoy without my active four year old being uncomfortable. I will also have my son buy a Valentine's gift for his grandparents, his aunts and uncles, and of course his dad. Nothing big. But just a little something to say thank you and I love you.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011