i want to stay at home but i also want to bring in an income .....

im sure we all have wanted this or may not even have to be put in this situation but who doesnt love money haha i want to be able to do things with my kids while they are young and get them involved on different activities and sports but life revolves around income hmmph im still debating on cosmetology but with the baby coming in the beginning of May is that a smart decision ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would do it. Cosmetology is guaranteed income and recession-proof and can't be outsourced!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• thanx! means a lot and positivity is good to ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Go for it!! My parents were both full time workers but somehow (I think they are miracle workers, lol) found a way to take 4 kids to 4 different activities when we were younger!! It CAN be done if you put your mind to it :) But, and I don't want this to sound rude or anything but, if your income is needed your kids won't be able to do those activities if you don't work. And I agree with the pp, cosmetology will always be something people use!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have a college degree and chose to stay home I watch children to bring in extra income 500 a month is great when you get to do all your normal activities
    nikkitorres

Answer by nikkitorres at 3:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• its not necessarily needed we made he decision to have a big family and all i think its the way we live haha just having to cut back and direct the money in the right areas but I have a passion for wanting to do hair and the positive of making more money is Great but than i hate the fact of leaving my kids haha but they are getting older soo but i truly appreciate your advice and honesty !!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• yes and i thought about doing the in home daycare because then i am with my kids and get to interact with ours I have taking the spouse program for the military when my husband was stationed at ft meade and then we moved soo theres so many options ... && i say its not really needed just wanted haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• They grow so fast I even worked in a preschool/daycare so i could have income and be around my daughterat all times. Then took one class on my luch break.
    nikkitorres

Answer by nikkitorres at 3:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have to say I love staying home with my kids. I did home partied for about 1 year when my third child was about 8 months old. They were fun and brought in some income when it was needed. For the past 5 years I have owned my own business and I love that because I get to decide when I work and how much money I am making.

I have been home for 9 years and while we don't need the extra money sometimes it is nice to have a little extra. If you are just starting out staying home I would enjoy it for a while and then see what happens.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Do you have a craft or a hobby? There are some great websites that allow people to sell their home made items to other people. Is it Etsy? I think that is the cute one. You make as much as you can or just one and then put it up for sale. I love this site. I also have a cousin that would buy things off of e-bay and resell them. He was into sports and bought collections and then would dismantle them and put a new one together to resell. During high school his sports schedule and academic studying didn't leave time for a job. This helped him bring in some money. He was quite good at it.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yep. I'd go for it....you can also turn your hobbies into a job!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011