how can I wean my one year old son

of his bottle.He has to have his milk bottle while sleeping. If I feed him his meals also just before his sleeping time he still needs his bottle. Also he seldom sleeps thro' the night. He wakes up daily at around 2am for milk and cries till I give him his fill, altho' he properly eats his dinner. I've tried to pacify him without milk but he continues to cry till he gets milk.

A11

Asked by A11 at 4:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'm going the the same thing right at this moment. my son turns 1 in two days good luck
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 4:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• u gotta just take it, give him a sippy. h'ell cry for awhile, but hes really thirsty, he'll take the sipp. it took 2 days for my son to take the sippy, and forget the paci. and you do not want to put milk in anything when going to bed, only water. it can rot his gums and incoming teeth, even though theyre not visible yet. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm going through the same thing with my 1 year old daughter. I have tried countless times to just give her the sippy, & she becomes so furious! She sat up in her crib & screamed for about 20 mins. I had to get up in the morning, so I finally gave in, and gave her a bottle with milk. She also wakes up at 2am. I am going to get her off night time feedings & the bottle first, then get rid of the paci.
    BryleesMamma30

Answer by BryleesMamma30 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2011