co-sleeping?

does anyone co-sleep with thier baby?

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 5:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both my kids sleep with us and have since they were little. I think it is more me rather than them now, I just like the fact that I can just look over to see that they are safe.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 5:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Until you roll over on them and suffocate them in your sleep....Good thing you knew they were safe. There is a reason why ALL doctors say NOT to sleep with your babies.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 5:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I did from birth until DD was 16 months time to time she cuddles with me and sleeps in our bed ( when hubby has duty or is gone because of Navy obligations) DD is right there and knowing she is inches safe away from me is very comforting.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• yes, my one year old so sleeps with us & sleeps well
    A11

Answer by A11 at 5:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have co-slept with all 3 of my children as long as your smart about it it can be safe and enjoyable.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I never co slept in the bed with my babies. That is dangerous, I did co sleep in the same room with both of my children until they were almost a year old. Co sleeping in the same room can reduce the risk of SIDS. Co sleeping in the same bed increases the risk of SIDS.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My daughter is 2, I've co-slept since she was 8 months. But she goes on top of the blankets and a pillow between us. Her side is the side by the wall. The only reason I've really done it is because I'm a single mom with a big bed lol. But on some nights I will put her in her bed which is also in my room. I co-slept with my mom until I was like 7 because when I was 1, my foot got stuck in the bars of the crib and I about died.
    b_pacheco

Answer by b_pacheco at 6:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• We did co-sleep with our son - not out of any philosophy, but because I was nursing and it was much easier to have him right there. If you're planning on it, I highly recommend getting a co-sleeper bassinet (you can find them @ Babies R' Us & other stores). It attaches to the side of your bed, but keeps the baby in a separate safe place.

Once I realized that our son wasn't going to sleep in his crib & that I didn't have it in me to Ferberize him, I researched co-sleeping. There are safe ways to do it (regardless of the negative posts here). Here is a link from Dr. Sears on co-sleeping. Hope it helps!
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/t071000.asp
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I get downvoted for saying it is dangerous to sleep in the same bed as your child?? Really? I wonder if the person who voted me down has ever known someone that has gone through this. I have. Maybe that make me extra cautious and careful, but knowing what I know, I won't take the chance.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No - my bed is for my husband and myself

Answer by missanc at 7:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011