What the best way to eat healthy without breaking the bank.

I wnt to eat healthy but i dont want to go over my food buget doing so and i dont want to eat all ready made foods so what is the best option

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Veggies, Fruits. Whole Grain pastas, meat, Rice.
    Its all in the way you make it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Buy loads of vegetables, pastas, and fresh meat (there are some good quality for cheap - most likely chicken). You can make different vegetable dishes (like soups, casseroles, etc.) Rice dishes are good and yummy as well. We eat really healthy and we don't break the bank. I think the most expensive thing that you can spend for food if you buy already made dishes or go out to the restaurant. But if you cook home it is quite cheap. Especially if you cook that much to have left over so you or your husband can take it to work. Or if you make a roast meal and you have left over meat you can make a pasta dish with the meat:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• veggies, lean meat, whole wheat
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Less meat more legumes like black beans, kidney beans etc. You can buy them in bulk for very cheap, make them and then freeze them to keep them handy - it's cheaper and healthier than the canned version. Check out different recipes for things like veggie burgers, etc. Also, frozen veggies - combine sales w/ coupons to keep a high stock in your freezer. Frozen can be healthier than fresh many times b/c they're picked at the peak of ripeness (most nutrients) and flash frozen. Steam them to avoid losing nutrients. I buy black beans $2.39 for a big bag and get 5 16oz bags out of that - If I bought the cans it'd have been $5. Don't buy a lot of processed stuff, thats what adds up and buy fresh fruits and veggies in season.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011