Why a 2 year old boy pulls out his penis and starts playing with it? And only tends to do it when hes tired. adult content

My cousins son who is a 1 1/2 will randomly stick his hand down his diaper, pull his penis out and play with it. I'm pretty sure he only does it when hes tired. His mom would tell me about it and I didnt realize how often he does, until I saw him do it twice in one day. His mom would ask me for advice. So I tried researching it and I found that it is pretty common for a toddler to do that. So I'm just asking for any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nothing you can do, they all do it! It is normal and will last for awhile. My son is 4 and still does it! Not quite as often but I do catch him!! They are just interested in their bodies, no harm. I just tell my son when I catch him that he doesn't need to do it. But at 1 1/2 he probably won't really understand yet.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's how they sooth themselves. It's normal.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Totally normal. I mean even as adults they can barely leave that thing alone :)

My son did the same thing. As he got older we would talk to him about when it was appropriate & inappropriate to touch himself, but made sure not to make him feel ashamed or bad about it. This is normal behavior.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I just had to laugh when i saw this post, my 2 year old has done the same thing..he would do it in his high chair and when i would go to wipe him off his penis would be sticking out of the top of his pants...i laughed about it a few times then thought well if i laugh he will just keep doing it. So then i told him to quit playing with his pee-pee. I think every child goes thru this..and i do think that it is normal. They think it feels good i guess. Just like when they get older, they have a hard time keeping there hands off of it. LOL
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• are you kidding? there's plenty of men out there who don't get much better when they're grown! lol!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'd like to hear from some of the incognito guys on this one!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My son is 2 and does this mainly is the shower. I think it is more of exploration, that part of their body is always covered up so when they discover that part of their body they have to touch just like touching a new toy they are learning. What I am having trouble with is my son uses his underpants as a pocket for his cars.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 12:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2011