Do You Straighten Your Hair?

I straighten my hair almost everyday but it gets so damaged i hate it. Does anybody know of any good products to use to "protect" your hair against the heat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I know Tresemme has a line of products specifically to protect your hair from heat damage. If you prefer more expensive brands, I'm sure lots of salons would have their versions of heat-protection products =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Mine does the same thing, and I've always tried to find a shampoo that would just straiten my hair as it dried, I found herbal essences dangerously straight, it doesnt straiten it all the way, but it does alot, then if i straiten it too, then its so silky and shiny, i love it! and its cheap too. I get mine at walmart the littlest bottle is $3 and the biggest is $5
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• One natural product I have used is Auracacia, but I have also used one from BedHead it's in a purple bottle, can't think of the name right now... one thing I do NOT do is wash/dry/straighten my hair every day, it's so damaging. I know some women have really oily hair, but I don't. Maybe you could try skipping a day? Another thing I do is at least once a week is super moisturize my hair with a really great oil -- sometimes just olive oil.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't even know the name of what I use, but it's not important for my tip.... Don't straighten unless you are going somewhere.... only wash/straighten every other day, or every 2 days..... use extra conditioner, and a leave in, and extra heat protector serum on your ends!
    Anonymous

• I only straighten my hair about once a week now. When it is straight I leave it that way for 2 or 3 days. I have also found this spray that come in a big yellow bottle with red writing (can't remember the name). It protects your hair from the damage.
    KimberlySnipes

Answer by KimberlySnipes at 1:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Can you go a day without washing/drying/straightening? I only do my hair 3x a week though I do everything to it on the days that I do do it. My hair actually looks better when it's a bit dirty. I don't use anything before straightening but I have a pretty healthy head of hair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My hair is extremly curly. I flat iron it 2x a week. And only wash it then. I only touch it up on the other days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Chi Iron Gaurd 44, or Biosilk, or Chi Silk Infusion
    THESE ARE PROFFESSIONAL PRODUCTS, BUT THEY'RE THE BEST AT PREVENTING MORE DAMAGE BY FAR. AND REMEMBER TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE ENDS. GOOD LUCK :)
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 3:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• They have smoothing products and like garnier frutise has a smoothing milk, Got 2 Be has some smoothig stuff. I have some stuff from Got 2 Be and it is called Root 2 Tip hair silkner. You just spray it throught ur hair and only 1 spray on each section or it will be too much, or just lightly through ur hair, and u dont even have to get all of it, my hair is soooo soft and straight from it. I also use Loreal Vive the moisture shampoo and condit, can;t remember what else it say on it. it really makes ur hair soft. The more expensive stuff like Redken Anti-snap stuff or their shampoo and conditioner, in the blue bottles are great!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i had the same problem with my old straightener which was a chi with the gold plates it ended up breaking and i was looking at some online and found this con-air steam streightener its really nice and easy to use ever since buying it my hair isnt dry or damaged anymore plus it works really well better that the flat iron cost 100 bucks but so worth it.....
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008