how many days would you usually keep a positive opk?

I was able to get a positive wednesday..thursday i also got a positive..it was positive this morning also. is this normal? all three days the line has been just as dark, if not darker.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It all depends on when you first tested. Sometimes I have it for two days.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 10:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• would you go by your first test day or the last?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• we've been trying since the first day..but should we still try? i don't know if my dh will go for 4 nights in a row.. maybe he will its either this time or he has to go for a sperm count..lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• This month I got 3 days of positive OPK's. Usually I only get two. But the reason that you might get several days of postive OPK's is because the timing of testing. You might catch the LH surge right at the beginning and then get another postive a couple days later because you caught the end of the LH surge. I believe the LH surge can start as early as 36 hrs before ovulation.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I agree with all the answers. I, too, have gotten a few days of positive OPK"s as well.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011