Do you watch how many carbs you eat?

Do you watch how many carbs you eat?

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• Yes. I learned long ago that carbs are problematic for me. The wreak havoc with my insulin levels (though I am not diabetic), causing them to spike sharply and then go down just as quickly. Too much insulin in my system was what was causing my weight gain, despite what my doctors were telling me. I started a low carbohydrate diet years ago, lost 75 pounds without even trying, actually forget to eat because I don't experience hunger pangs, and am healthier now in my late 40s than I ever was in my 20s.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I tried & failed miserably. My dieting has to include carbs, or i will rip somebody's head off.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I try for myself and husband because he is new borderline diabetic and I am TRYING to teach him re: a good diet to get his over all sugars down!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• no i use to but i fail
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Only when I eat in front of a mirror!
    There are good carbs (whole grains and legumes) and bad carbs (white sugar, white flour, etc.)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes, I have switched from white to brown rice.
    bergencounty

Answer by bergencounty at 6:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2011