my daughter has a rash on her bum that is bleeding now and than what could it be?

it is between her butt cheaks and is very raw

nickynova

Asked by nickynova at 8:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• Been there, done that! Just keep it clean and apply vaseline generously. I'd put her in the sink and wash her butt everytime she poops just to make sure it was clean.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I hope she gets better soon :)
    MomToFour247

• She could either be allergic to something she ate recently, or it could be a rash that developed into a yeast infection... I would take her in just to be sure... Good luck!
    Sherry0110

Answer by Sherry0110 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• O.K this is old school BUT it worked with my daughter and she never had a bad rash again!
    So u fill your sink half full of warm water and sprinkle about a table spoon of Baking Powder.
    Let the baby sit and play in it for a few min.s and then pat dry.
    Hope it helps!
    comalita

Answer by comalita at 9:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my daughter gets this all the time....
    change the diaper more often and keep destin and baby powder on it everytime you change the baby......
    my daughters usually goes away in a couple of days......
    hope this helps if it lasts longer than a day or two....
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 10:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Sounds like a yeast infection rash. The Dr can rescribe a cream that will clear it right up. Call the Dr's office and explaine it to her and she will tell you if you need an appointment.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008