Is there a possibility that too much folic acid can result in a false negative pregnancy test?

I am taking Folic Acid supplement along with the One a Day prenatals and multivitamins (it's a package together). There are 800 mcg of folic acid in the multivitamins and 800 mcg of folic acid just in the supplement I am taking. We have been ttc for a few months now and get the feeling that I am, but test results have been negative. Just wondering if this is a posssibility.

mokteacher

Asked by mokteacher at 8:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• How many DPO are u?
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 10:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No the vitamin has nothing to do with the test. Pregnancy tests are designed to detect levels of HCG hormone. This hormone is made by the placenta. No placenta = no HCG which means a fertilized egg has not implanted yet, it has not built up enough HCG to register a test, or you are not pregnant. In some people the placenta does not make tons of HCG so they can go months without a positive on a test and still be pregnant, but that is a very uncommon occurance.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Well, I started bleeding yesterday which I assume is my period, but it was 2 weeks late. I was supposed to start on the 30th. Any chance that it could be implantation bleeding? How much bleeding occurs with implantation? I'm just still being hopeful even though my test was negative.
    mokteacher

Comment by mokteacher (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Most likely if the test said negative you are not pregnant. The vitamins have nothing to do with the test.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2011