A bit ticked at the school bus company. Mostly vent, sorry.

We had an incident on the school bus yesterday. Another child than removed my child's backpack from his seat, unzipped it, and stole from it. He didn't realize he had been stolen from, just thought the kid was being mean and teasing by not giving the bag back. As he was getting off of the bus another child told him that she had seen it. He didn't check then unfortunately but waited until he got off. He comes in, tells me, I call the bus barn immediately since the child that knows who did it is still on the bus. Rather than contacting the driver then while this is all still fresh, they just leave him a note! I do not understand why this couldn't have been dealt with yesterday! Furthermore, I had asked if there happens to be a camera on the bus ans the secretary beat around the bush. I told her I would appreciate if she could just answer my question and she told me she wasn't allowed to tell me that. So I said ok, if there was a camera on there do I have the right to view the footage. She said that if the issue can not be resolved by the driver then it goes to the manager who views the video. If she can not resolve it then it will be shown to the school district and I would be allowed to sit in on that viewing. I couldn't believe that. Cut the crap. They should have asked the kids immediately. They've missed that boat. They should have then watched the damn video. I should not have to wait Lord knows how long on this. The only name my kid knows happens to be of the girl that told him it happened and after talking to a couple of parents I know of a couple more that at least seen her take the bag and not give it back. I'm taking those names to the principal this morning in hopes that she is able to call the girl in and get the name of the girl that got into the bag. I don't know if she can help or not being that it was on the bus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• our bus systems are seriously messedup my child isnt't old enough for school just yet but my sister is handicapped and is in hioghschool. they have a new assistant on the bus. an asistant usually assists right? wrong! my sister gets dropped off at our grandmotheres because my mom works in the evenings well my grandmother cant go up and down the steps to get her off so she asked the woman if she could help. first she huffs , rolls her eyes, then gets up and asks the driver do you wnat to get her or do you wnat me to get her? i was like wtf? when my mom told me this and this is not the first incident or the first family that has complainde about her so yes i can understand a little of your frustration some things are just so unbelievable theyre ridiculous
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I know in our district they only call drivers for emergencies because it's a hazard for them to be on the phone or radio while the bus is en-route.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 6:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• They didn't do anything for 24 hours.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2011