Do you feel this way?

My Hubby and I have facebook pages. We have each other on our pages, and know passwords, etc. Niether of us have anything to hide, and we share everything. On our profile pic we each have photos of us together, mines a wedding pic, and his is a pic when we were on vacation somewhere. I tried changing a pic to one of just me, or our boys, or our dogs, etc. When I do he gets very upset. He wants one of US on there all the time. He say's it's because it's out of respect of our marriage. I have the utmost respect for our marriage, I just like to express myself with different pics.. I have some of just scenery, and he still gets upset. I wouldn't mind if he changed his, it doesn't matter to me. So what do you think? What kind of pic do you have? Does it matter to your SO/DH, etc.?
Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• He sounds like my dh just make him happy and leave it alone. I guess in his mind it might make him feel that whoever looks at your page might think you are having marital problems that is why you are alone on that page. men are strange that way. If you don't want to argue just keep it as a couple pic. I personally wouldn't care but like I said men are strange that way. My dh would have a big time problem too...I'll never understand it :/ GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think he probably feels insecure because of all the cheating that happens starting on Facebook. He needs the reassurance that you are putting it RIGHT out there for everyone to see that you are TAKEN and HAPPY.

I say as long as he's not controlling in other ways, let him have this little thing that makes him feel secure. If he IS controlling, though, then it's time to get help with that.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Mine changes all the time - and I don't think I've ever had one of us together. Have put him up alone on his birthday. Right now I have a pic of my DD17. I have tons of pics of our family in my photo albums.

I don't see the issue.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh, and of course my profile says that I'm married to DH
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Change your damn pic girl! 2011 is all about us women and CONTROL. Tell him to stop whining.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My profile says I'm married to him, all of my pics are family related, or just us, I'm not sure why he gets so upset about it either...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have a picture of my DD2. My DH has a picture of him and our DD2. But he doesn't really do much facebook. He doesn't care which picture I have on mine.

I think it's a personal thing. Seems your problem is more of a jealousy problem.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have a cute pic of just myself. DH is not that insecure in himself, or our relationship, that he cares about what pic i post on FB.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• right now i have a pic of the two of us...but i do change mine. sometimes i will put a pic of my son or me and my son..whatever i want. I don't usually put a pic of just myself though...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have one similar to mine on here. And he's got one that was taken of him with Gary Sinise when he was in Afghanistan on his. We both have that we are married and all that. We have passwords, but, our laptops are also always accessible. We don't have anything to hide, either. It does sound like he is insecure about facebook, it's possible he knows someone, or heard stories, about cheating done through facebook. Ask him, talk with him about it. That's all you can really do. I wouldn't want to cause this big of a problem in my marriage over a picture though. Me wanting to change the picture wouldn't be that important, compared to the problems it would cause. UNLESS, he was controlling in all other areas, or most areas. Then it would all be a problem. But, if he doesn't want me to do something, then he's not allowed to either. It's out of respect, and it's common courtesy.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2011