Breastmilk or the doctor?

My whole family has been sick for over a month. I have had an upper respiratory infection that I THINK is a sinus infection for three weeks. Last night it turned into an eye infection. My eye is red, swollen and leaking a thick, clear fluid, especially when I lay down.

We're broke. Both my kids went through this, but it only lasted a day or two for them.

Do I apply breast milk to the infection or do I just try to get in to the doctor. I'm sick unto death of being sick! But my daughter needs dental work and I'm trying to save up for it.

Gah!

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• Definitely try the breastmilk

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You have been sick to death for 3 weeks and you haven't gone to the doctor? Dental work is so important but I think your daughter would much appreciate a healthy mum than a crown on her teeth. I know children are important but we are important as well. Because if we are not well than who would look after them? Go to the doctor and find out what is wrong with you. I hope nothing serious yet and you can survive it with a simple drug course. But these infections can turn into something naughty. Hugs and I hope you will be better soon.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Poor mama! And you're a good one for suffering for the sake of your kids...BUT you need to go to the doctor. A lot of times you can call one up (especially if you or your family has a history at a certain practice) and get a discounted office visit rate explaining you have no insurance. Ask them to put you on a cheap antibiotic that you can afford - a lot of them now are less than $15.00. If it's already progressed that far, then it's not going away on it's own!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm not really sick to death lol. Just a nagging, annoying, tenacious upper respiratory infection and a sore throat. My daughter had a cough that hasn't gone away for 3 weeks, my husband is sick with a cough... we're ALL sick, and out of the bunch my 5 month old and I have been the healthiest. It's just been one thing after another, stomach flu, then this respiratory infection that won't go away.

If I'm going to the doctor then we all are. Kinda hoping some topical breastmilk will cure it, though lol.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Crystal, we have insurance, THANK GOD.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If you need help with Medical, go to your local Job and Family services and apply for Medical. Dental is covered and so are doctors visits and meds. Get to the doctor !!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You need antibiotics at this point. Everyone needs to go to the doctor. Your eye infection could be highly contagious.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I am a RN and at this point you really need to go to the md office.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i would go to the doctor because you may need antibotics to help clear it or ask if the have any samples of medcine that will help with it
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011