16 month old

My toddler is always constipated. What should i be giving him to help with that. Also every morning when he wakes up, i give him a 7 oz bottle of milk. After that he doesn't want to hear nothing about food till much later. That cant be good, and makes frustrated. Any suggestions?

latinamom94

Asked by latinamom94 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My mother always told me that before 2, milk was the primary food for the baby. If you are concerned, try giving your toddler a smaller bottle of milk and some breakfast with it. You might want to try giving him some breakfast first and the milk later. I used to give my DD2 yogurt mixed with fruit and cereal for breakfast when she was about that age.

About the constipation, water is your friend. If it's really bad, prune juice seems to help my DD2. My friend has twin daughters that are always constipated and she gives them a lot of water. She also had to stop giving them cow's milk and start giving them a toddler formula because they would get more constipated when they drank cow's milk.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thank you Dalimonster! I will try the yogurt with fruit. Sounds good.
    latinamom94

Comment by latinamom94 (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2011