snow pants to school

anyone else having a problem with schools telling u not to put snow pants on your kids while they wait for the bus?
i got a letter in my sons backpack saying not to put snow pants on him b/c it takes a whole 3 minutes to take them off...not even that....i wrote them a letter back, saying if they don't want him in snow pants, then pick him up at the door and not up in front of the community. it is 9 degrees right now, and he stands out with the kids. he won't stay in the truck....
they do send him home without snow pants which is fine b/c he gets dropped off at the door.
i also told them if it takes too long to make it full day school, and not just half day! lol.

my question is, would this bother you?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• they can take them off at school, they told me it just takes too long...really? yes i should let my son freeze just so you save time....really? don't think so.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes it would bother me I mean c'mon people it is freezing out there so I guess if he was to become ill they are going to pay the bill. They're crazy I would continue to let him wear it. I would tell them until they come up with a solution you are going to send him in his SNOW PANTS!!! GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Suggest the bus come three minutes earlier. :)

The morning busses in this neighborhood all just started running 15 minutes or so earlier because some children that eat school breakfast weren't getting enough time to do so. Different scenario, same concept.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• WOW! I haven't had that problem and I would most definitely be complaining to the Board of Education. My children's school encourages us to send them in snow pants! In fact, if they don't wear them they can't play in the snow at recess because its too cold!
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 9:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• same here. If the kids don't have their snow pants and snow boots they have to stay up on the cement during recess. It would bother me if the school was telling me that i couldn't dress my child the way i feel will keep him warm.
    sonsmom

Answer by sonsmom at 9:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011