Journal?

When I was in college, I used to write a journal with my bad thoughts and complaints about life because it would take them out of my system and I could focus on something else. I look back at those journals now and remember how I was feeling and what I was going through and I can see how far I've gone.

However, now that my family is going through so much and I feel sometimes depressed and some times overwhelmed, I keep thinking of starting a journal, and the minute I do I start thinking that I don't want my thoughts on paper, because it seems it would make them more real, and I'm afraid of what I would write and how I would feel about it. :-(

I really need someone I could talk to that would not try to just solve the problem for me or oversimplify the problems. Someone that would just listen and help me focus my mind, like my father used to do. A journal sometimes can help with that. I just don't know...

Any ideas, anyone?

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 9:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• I write everything down & then i burn it. My friend thinks i am crazy & thinks that i need to keep these memoirs, but seeing them go up in flames makes me feel better. It's like i got those feelings out & now i am a better person. I really don't want to remember any of that. I want to grow & learn from it so i never have to go back there.

I do keep the happier things, like songs & poetry & happy memories. Those, i do keep. But, i only usually feel like writing when i have a lot to get off my chest.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• A private journal on an online site?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• private journal. Never online. I don't trust online journals. Once you put it out there in the internet, it will never go away.
    Dalimonster

Comment by Dalimonster (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• From what your saying though is that you want someone t talk to. What kind of problems are you having? or do you prefer not to say/ Are you looking for a private friend through the site that youcould trust?? If you prefer not to say this all on the open forum you can send me a private message and I will try to give you the best advise that I can:)
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i am a journal person!!, i am here for you any time!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• honey im going through the same stuff ive been looking for awsner to i wish i could answer or solve tthis probelm for you but i can get noone to evn talk to me about mine sorry
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011