why do people have the mindset of women who have muiltple special needs children should stop having kids because they are using "our" tax dollars?

1. it is possible to go to work and or own your business well having more then one disable child.

2. most special needs children can go to public school. um unless you mean the tax dollars we all pay for the public school. or the fact special needs kids get offer more services in public school then " NT children"

3. not everyone gets ssi for their kids.

4. Most children with special needs are able to live independent lives, when the get into adult hood. job, college, ect.

5. and my son is profoundly delayed but he is still young, so my hopes are still high, but this sounds crazy to some people I have a college fund and a trust fund set up for him. if he is not able to attend college maybe he can attend a trade school for disable people.

my question is in the title.

this is why i ask the question, a answer to this question led me to this thought.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/703833/Should_people_with_neurofibromatosis_have_a_lot_of_children_edit_i_read_a_few_article_tonight_about_

really? she has 6 six kids, all with issues and shes bringing more into the world???? our tax dollars at its finest! and im not at all bashing you, but there is a dif, you are not using your body as a breeding ground. good lord!

idajohnson

Asked by idajohnson at 9:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i was just reading some of the replies to this, my son also had early intervention, and bright start and speech and stuff.
    yeah, sorry, i shouldve reread what i typed on the original question. my opologies again, didn't mean it to sound that bad!!!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't think that way. And I think YOU are awesome for believing in your child =) Who's to say he won't be able to go to college?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I didn't know people had that mindset. That's pretty judgemental.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I definitely don't think that way. As long as the parents are great.. I think its amazing that they are wiling to risk having another special needs child! I give them props!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I never thought about the tax money. I would be more concerned with the fact that all of the children have medical issues...........why continue to bring more children into the world that will never be able to full care for themselves. It's not about tax money, it's about quality of life. When you're gone, who will care for them?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Some people are just very closed minded and, therefore, completely clueless.
    Don't let them get you down. I'm sure you are doing a good job and the best job anyone could probably do.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I honestly can't believe anyone would think that way.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i've never thought that way..i think some people who do have special needs kids though always feel they are being looked at so you may also feel that EVERYONE has a certain mindset. i think its just being paranoid.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't know who said that to you, or why, but I think it's very misguided. If anything I don't think they do enough in our public schools for disabled people, whether it's physical, or mental. It's a "public" school, therefore they should have every opportunity available to them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• a answer i got for my previous question, led me to ask this. I post the link in the box.

the answer was " really? she has 6 six kids, all with issues and shes bringing more into the world???? our tax dollars at its finest! and im not at all bashing you, but there is a dif, you are not using your body as a breeding ground. good lord! "
    idajohnson

Comment by idajohnson (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2011