What is the youngest you have heard of a child potty training?

Asked by Anon344 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• like actually trained? 1 and some change, at this daycare i worked at. her older sister who was almost 3 wasn't trained yet but she was.

idiotic morons who *think* they're doing child justice by placing them on the potty... 6 months.

Answer by tnm786 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I was completely trained before 18 months. My cousins were before 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My mom started potty training me when I started walking and it only took me a week, so I was potty trained a few months after my 1st birthday.

I wish my daughter would've been that way. She's 2 years and we're still trying!

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 1. my son was almost 3 when he was officially trained. Having to ask every hr and placing them on the potty is not potty trained. When they can go by themselves and dont need reminding, thats trained.

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• One of my best friends kids was fully potty trained by 16 mths old. BUT she had a sister only 11 months older and learned from her. My granddaughter is the youngest in our clan. She is 22 months old.

Answer by gemgem at 10:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My little brother was fully potty trained by 18 months. Wish my son would take to the potty as well as he did, lol. :)

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 18 months but he didn't like to be dirty so it made it easy.

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My son was fully potty trained by 13 months old. My daughter on the other hand took alot longer to potty train. She was closer to 18 months old before she was potty trained. My sister started potty training her sons earlier than that.

Answer by Danie0330 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 3 months old. yes, that's insane. I laughed my head off when they said they started potty 3 months! LOL. Before age of one (this is a medical guideline, however, keep in mind every child develpmentaly ages differently), it is physically impossible for them to do it on their own.

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My baby brother was trained before his 2nd birthday, but that was all his doing. he realized that 'big people' used the toilet, so he wanted to as well.
    then that was it.

but I don't see the need for a big rush personally, unless there was a problem, I've never heard of anyone going to college in diapers, so they'll get it in time.

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011