need some fun games I can play with my 6 month old son

my son is 6 months old and is easily bored by his toys now... he is only happy with a toy for aprx. 10 min then decides its an old sight... hes gotten way to heavy to be holding all the time like he would prefer... but if i lay him down to play after aprx. 10 min he gets tired of being on the floor even if I am right there to play with him... I want some fun games for him and me that wont ware me out and is educational for him! :) plz help and thnx...

Meanttobeamomma

Asked by Meanttobeamomma at 10:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Peekaboo,Pattycake

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• does he have an exersaucer or tummy time gym mat? both of those were awesome for my children, obviously you shouldnt leave the child in the exersaucer all day but spread his time out in it during the day, it's good for when you're cooking or cleaning as well and keeps them very occupied!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Peek-a-boo .. I found best played with a blanket. You drape it over their head and say "Where'd John Go?" and then whisp it off and say "There he is". My kids LOVE that. You could also try educational videos. Like Seasme Street for example. There's singing his "ABC's". It's never to early to teach them. Counting with them using your fingers. You could purchase a jumper. My son LOVED his jumper, but he grew out of it. When we brought it out for his sister he wanted in it soo bad.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• thnx guys... i have a jumper and he does love it and he loves tv but lately he hasnt wanted either... ive tried mirrors and peekaboo and he liked that for a while but then he got tired of that too... i sing silly songs and read to him... i even mimic his words and faces and make funny sounds but all that isnt working either! he wants to move about by himslef but wont even roll over yet and gets angry too quickly when i try to give him tummy time and when i try to help him he gets even more angry! we live in an appartment and when he gets mad he has the highest pitch scream i have ever heard and we get complaints if I try to leave him... im starting to run out of options...
    Meanttobeamomma

Comment by Meanttobeamomma (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Have you checked with your local library? Many of them have a free "Baby Time" class for kids under a year. How about your local Parks and Recreation Department? They usually will have very low cost "Mommy and Me" classes. The things you learn (finger plays, rhymes, songs, etc.) at places like this can help you entertain him at home as well.

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2011