Has anyone had this happen?

I am just wondering what your experience has been with early home pregnancy tests. The kind that say you can test 5 days before your missed period. Have you found that the results five days before are as reliable for you as taking the test the day you are supposed to start?

zackkatiejames

Asked by zackkatiejames at 8:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I took one today and it was 5 days before I would have missed my period and it came back positive (yeah). I called my ob right away so that I could get a blood test. My last pregnancy was an ectopic.  I even got a faint positive today,from the Dollar Store Brand that is not even a early test.  That is why I went out and bought the more expensive early test. 

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I got a BFP 10 days after conception (11 days after ovulation,) and 5 days before my missed period. The tests I took were the EPT regular (with the plus sign..) and the digital one as well. It honestly depends on you, your body, and your HCG levels; and they fluctuate depending on the individual. Good Luck!

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well i went to get one of those free pg test from a place that did it. (they just use the same ones from the dollar stores) and it was a faint line but I was pg already. Not even a week yet.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 6:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Well i tested 5 days before and got a neg. and i tested today three days after my missed period and got a BFP!!! (sooo excited). So it's up to you and your body.
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i took at at home ept after i missed my period and it was negative and two days later i went to the doctors for an ear infection and i was 6 wks prego. every body is different and sometimes the hormones arent strong enough for the at home ept. just a heads up cuz i had two positive ones previous to my pregnancy and i wasnt pregnant and then when i really was it came back negative. just some thoughts
    tyhlarsmommy07

Answer by tyhlarsmommy07 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I took a regular test 3 days before because I just had a feeling (and my husband was bugging me because he was so "sure" I was) & it came back positive right away. It was a bold line too..in fact the pos. line showed up quicker and darker then the control line.
    Anonymous