how much would a vet cost?

I know ya'll are probably tired of me talking abt the cats that I have but hey they are my animals now...neways today I woke up with the cats fighting so I got up and they stoped but then I noticed that one of the cats is missing so I looked outside the window and the cat is by my door meowing. I let it in but then I noticed that the cat is limping...something happend in the room that the cat ended up outside my back door...Just to let you know I live in a town home that is a two story. if ya'll are wondering why I had the window open well its to let cool air in for the cats...I have my heater on everyday cuz its cold outside and I have my son that always like to walk around with a diaper...that is the reason I have the cat open for the cats. This never happened before the cats fighting or getting out the window...its the first time...so i need to know how much would a vet cost to see my cat?

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 10:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pets

• if hes not limping bad just give it time...you can't rush to the vet everytime some little thing happens. You'll go broke. If he won't put pressure on his leg when he walks take him to the vet and who knows what that'll cost. If he'll put weight on it but he's limping he's probably just fine.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Call around~~they will at least let you know how much an office visit/exam is.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• IME, a visit to a vet will be $35-$50 for the office call, maybe about the same for medicine, unless kitty gets an injection, which would be more. A series of radiographs, if needed, may run $60-$100, depending on the vet and how many views. If kitty needed sedation (and most do) that might be and additional $35-$70.

However, if the vet cannot feel a break or joint that is dislocated, they'll likely recommend rest medication for pain and swelling. If kitty is broken/dislocated that is MUCH better to fix sooner rather than waiting.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• thats impossible to answer really .. where r you for a start? try calling round different vets in your area for a consultation, hope the kittys not too bad
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Mine chgs $35.00 to walk thru the door. Then it's more for shots, meds, or any other problem she/he fixes. Lots of $ to keep a pet healthy and happy but they are worth it in the long run.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would call the vets in your area. everyone is different and they all will probably want xrays which can run from 75-150 each! most need 2 views. if the limp isnt too bad give it a coupld days. my vet always said the 3 day test. after 3 days if its still the same take him. unless of course he is crying with pain. gl.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thanks everyone for the comments...just to let you know my cat is doing better...I waited 3 days to see if the cat is still limping and he wasnt so that is a good thing...
    Espinosa

Comment by Espinosa (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2011