How can I tell if my 6mth old daughter had an allergic reaction?

she woke up with a swollen eyelid-its not red, so i dont think its like an infection or ne thing..the only new food she had yesterday was like an half an ounce of grape juice.. (my 3yo son hasnt had a allergic reaction to anything. so im not really sure what to expect..)

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you want to know, then give her grape juice, and nothing else new introduced to her, that way you can tell if it's that. One time my DD had, what i thought was, an allergic reaction to the red dye in the cotton candy she ate...well it wasn't the red dye, so not even sure if it was an Allergic reaction. goodluck (btw this is what my doctor told me to do, watch out for food/juices w/ red dye, that way i will know its the dye thats making herbreak out)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's hard to say if it's an allergy just based on swelling. If it doesn't appear angry or red or painful, I'd wait a little while and see if it goes down on its own. If, however, that changes and seems to be bothering your baby, I would call your pediatrician and see about having it looked at.
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• THANKS KNICOLE, I TRY NOT TO GIVE MY KIDS ANYTHING WITH DYE IN IT-IT SAYS IN MY "GREEN" BOOK THAT THEYRE CANCER CAUSING AGENTS
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011