Does anyone have a 2 - 4 year old with autism they think was triggered by the mmr shot?

My son is due for his mmr in 2 weeks. Im very nervous and stuck in the middle...do I do it or wait? All of the stories I hear about the correlation all concern kids who are 7 and up, these children would have likely had the shot with the thermisal where as the younger children have not...so, whats the autism rate correlation with the non thermisal mmr shot?

naz730

Asked by naz730 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• There is no connection between autism and vaccinations
    Anonymous

• My son is 2 and has autism but it wasn't caused by the vaccine. Vaccines do not cause autism. It has been proven numerous times over but some people just need something to bitch about.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There has been no proven link, just suspicion.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well I beg to differ. My friend Becky has a baby girl who is 4 years old now. She was fine and dandy 2 weeks before her checkup and shots they gave her. Her mother videotaped them going to the park the day before the shots and after the doctors gave her shots she suddenly changed. Her moods was rapidly different from what was on the videotape. You could see her baby girl happier and delighted to have fun, but she was diagnosed with Autsim 3 weeks after her checkup. Her doctor told her that her baby must have gotten to many chemicles in her brain and that is what causes children mainly to be different. I get my 7 month old son one shot a week so that way they don't pump him with too many and he has an allergic reaction. Also to keep up with which ones they give him. I think vaccines do have something to do with Autism or at least trigger something in the brain to function differently.
    Anonymous