My 2 yr old son is too sensitive and never fight back when his friend try to grab his favorite toys, he just cry, what should I do?

harryday

Asked by harryday at 10:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think that's being too sensitive, I think that's being 2. *shug*
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• One thing I always taught my kids, your favorite toy is to be put away, if you don't want to share...

As for this case, what is the parent doing??? You don't want to raise a bully...

They should be getting involved. If not you should tell the child to give it too you and then say that is not nice and give it back to your son, he is only two.....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Fight back? What do you mean by that? Taking the toy back?

At 2 the parents should be stepping in and talking about sharing, etc. The last thing I would want would be 2 yr olds rolling around on the floor over a toy.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• why should he fight back?

its your job or the mother of the other kid to intervene when they don't share. at 2, keep the responses short & simple & to the point. the toy should be taken away if they can't share.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My 2yr son it sort of the same, in referance to the fighting; but instead of crying he just takes it. I normally just sit back and hope he will defend himself. Now, if a favorite toy is taken he will march over there and take it back or come get me. I think the coming to get me is fine and try to tell him so. Personally I think it is good that he isn't fighting but I do try to tell him to defend himself. Just hang in there one day he might just smack the kid back, lol. As for the toy thing and crying just let him know that kind of behavior isn't nice and he needs to tell an adult.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Tell the other little brat to share.. or take away the toy. Your two year old shouldn't fight back...
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Its just his personality and nature....being sensitve and not pushy is a nice way to be...even though as his mom you want him to stand his ground.

he is only 2, he has plenty of time to learn how to get his toy back in the appropriate way.

Just sit back and be thankful that you dont have a pushy bratty child who is making other kids cry :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My son was exactly the same way (and he is still sensative). We had this issue and the neighbor kid even would hit him and he my son wouldn't do anything about it (when he was like 4 other kid was 2). I am not sure if there is alot you can do about it at this time- your lo being so young as to not understand some things. When this happened (my son was 4) we tried everything (ie talking to the parents, child, siblings, not playing in same area) I finally told my son to hit the kid back- not hard, not above the neck ro below the waist. My son did (and it was not even a hit more like a hard tap), and the kid looked at him with wide eyes, and then walked away. Never gave us problems again. (my son knows that fighting is a last resort. and has not done it since).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011