If you hate Facebook, why?

Not quite sure what the big deal is, if you don't like it don't do it. Is it really that bad?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• facebook iteself is not bad
    but some on it are drama queens
    over the time i have been on, it does seem somepeople use it to bash on others , and usually these people do not use a name, just bash and make people guess who they are talking about- grade school playground bullies, i have taken some off (two , and they were my exes sister and neice-both of them are toxic addicted people)

same as the gun is not bad, but some who have are (police without gun would not be police force, but the criminals would not be as successful either)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's a love/hate relationship with Facebook & I! =)

I love it because I can keep in touch with people & show my kids off on there! =)
    I hate it because some people are only there for drama!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm with SuperrMommyy... Love the connections with old school mates. Have become friends with some that I didn't really know that well growing up.
    Hate-hate-hate the dramatics of some. I also hate when strangers send me friend invites only because we have a mutual friend. Most of them are facebook gamers, and only know my friends for that sole purpose.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I hate the whole thought of people I used to know in high school looking me up or knowing anything about me. So I am NOT on facebook, I feel this is my personal facebook for the people that matter in my life. I don't want drama and choose not to join it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• what i dislike about facebook is how they feel like they have to change everything every few months. like these new profile pages once again and they've changed the home page who knows how many times and ppl ALWAYS complain. there are groups that say "if facebook changes it's format again i'm done with it" no one likes the changes they make so why do them!!!!!!!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• And miss something! Oh dear no! *snickers* I agree with you OP.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 11:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I used to love FB. However I use cation when using FB and posting status because many people take your words out of content and before you know it you might be stepping on someone toes. Because of this I do not write status anymore.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's just strange to me. I don't have a page but my husband does because his whole family is on it and all the time he tells me that he gets so many requests from strangers who only try to friend to because they have a mutual friend. Or because some of his friends post such random crap like when they are going to the store for groceries. Or because of the ridiculous game invites and updates. Then there are the wannabe porn stars who try to friend every guy they run across and he's not into that. But all that aside, my biggest issue is relatives posting pictures of our kids on their pages without asking permission. Even if our address isn't splashed across the picture it doesn't take a lot to find out where someone lives these days. Facebook just seems ridiculous to me. Too much stupidity and drama on there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I used to have an account. I was on it too much. I didn't like it because of all the status updates. I also felt like I was getting addicted because every little thing that happened to me, I felt the need to post it. I feel so much better that I am not it anymore. I don't like posting pictures for the world. I don't want EVERYONE to know my business.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I love it! BUT, I am also 44 and my friends use it for what it is a social networking site, not a place to start shit, or post marital/relationship problems, so for me it is fun. If someone gets stupid...I block them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2011