Is the shirt appropriate?

My dd is 9. She goes to a private school. The rules for dress code are things like: no tank tops, no camo, no music groups, no printing on the butt of your pants. There is nothing in the dress code that would make me think she can't wear the shirt. It is from Justice and says I LOVE VAMPIRES. It is bright colored with splashes of neon paint so it is NOT a dark and depressing shirt.

My dd just watched Twilight and liked it and we saw this shirt. My mom was freaking out about me letting her wear it to school because it said vampires. It never even crossed my mind that it may not be appropriate. My dd is wearing it and the school hasn't called so I'm sure its fine. Do you think the shirt is innapropriate?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• It doesn't sound to me like it would be against the dress code.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Sounds fine to me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• it is fine.
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If the school has yet to call then I would not worry over it.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• One day I had to bring my DD a new shirt to wear at school. Her shirt that was considered innappropriate read... "My parents think I'm studying."
    If you're not sure you can always call the school.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think it is fine too...my mom tends to be dramatic and prudish. I tend to be more laid back but I didnt want it to be like I was trying to cross the line.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Sounds fine to me. But then again my hyperactive 3 yr old has a shirt that say, "No YOU f*cking calm down!" (< Exactly how it is written on shirt) I couldn't resist it when I saw it because I am ALWAYS telling her to calm down! lol! But, she doesn't wear it to school. Typically just around the house. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Idaspida~ I can't believe they called you about that shirt! I'm all for modesty but come on! Whats wrong with humor?
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Does your daughter attend a religious school? the only problem I could see they might have is that it glorifies demonic characters. I love vampire movies but My 10 yr old just brought that point to my attention.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011