Do you take your own pictures for holidays?

I started taking my own DD's pictures for holidays (christmas, valentines day, etc...) and surprisingly, they're not that bad, they are not of professional quality, but they're decent, and I love them!!! (= Anyone else take there own pics?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• By the way, I think your picture is adorable!!
    My sons the past 3 Christmases...
    Chaz is the oldest, now 3, Sully is my youngest, now 2. The first one just happened to be a good shot. Of course the other two were set up. I think it is so much fun to take the pictures, and the boys love getting polished up. LOL

SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I do. The only pro who has taken their pictures for anything was at the hospital.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• CUTE,, sure do!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• that's a great photo.
    yes, I do our own photos for christmas and for everything else.
    I just could never stomach the Christmas photos of little boys in a suit sitting in front of a tree backdrop.
    we do natural outdoor settings, comfortable casual clothes and stick the animals in there alot of times.
    I just love to see kids barefoot in photos!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I am studying photograph. So Yes,  I also take my own holidays pictures. You pictures of your kids are adorable.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thanks Ladies!!! I have a normal camera too (nothin' fancy) I just feel it's a better setting for the kids' , and its A LOT cheaper lol plus you get to really put your own input in and choose what props you want to use.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Space - Thank u, and I looooove ur pictures, especially the first. But one question,...how did u get the christmas ornaments colored, but rest of the pic b&e? i have been trying 2 figure that out lol
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thank you! I'm glad to know there are others out there who enjoy doing it like I do. It's so fun!
    I use a Paint Shop Pro program that has the tools to do it. I believe you can also use online photo editing sites like picnik to do it, also. It's called color splash, and also touch of color. Depends on what program you're working with, really.
    At first it seemed like it would be difficult, but it's actually pretty easy and fun. The hard part is finding pictures that it looks good with. Some just don't seem to gel right!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Do you have to purchase the PSP program? I DL'ed one program, but it was a trial.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• we use too but there is a friend of mine who's studying photograph so she does our pictures now for us....

girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011