How do I confront her about it?

Ok so I dont really like saying 'confront', more of How do I talk to her about it? Here is the story

Ok my dad's blood type is O- and my mom's is O+. My entire life growing up I thought my blood type was O+. When I had my DD they informed me that she had my blood type, A+. WTF. But me and my mother look EXACTLY alike. However I have no baby pictures before I was 6 months old. No infant pictures, no birthing pictures, and there are no photos of my mom pregnant with me. There is one that they say she is pregnant with me in but it is from the chest up so you cant really tell. I also never had a baby book, all three of my other sisters do. I dont know how to ask her about this. If I am really her child there is no possible way I could be my fathers child. Two O's cant make an A. I really dont know what to do about this. Do I do nothing, or is there a delicate way I can ask her about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• just ask,, i would want to know!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yep, just ask.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Before you go all nuts on here take a look at this chart. Yes two Os can make a A It's the one at the bottom

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Tell her exactly what you posted here (maybe not the "WTF"), about the blood type and see how she responds. She might tell you. Be gentle, if it is a secret kept for a long time it may not come out. You need to ask in a gentle space so she feels she can tell you without feeling judged or you being angry with her. You need to make sure that you are prepared for the answer that your dad might not be your father.
    Catwoman246

Answer by Catwoman246 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't have any baby pictures either, no baby book, no nothing. My mother is B- and my dad is A+. I'm B+ and the only B+ in the family.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• @mommyoftwo388. NO if you look at the chart with parent 1 and parent 2 having O blood the possible blood type of a child can only be o

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Redo a blood test. I was told I had AB+ when I was little then when I got older I was told different
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I am prepared for the truth. But I didnt know if there was a more delicate way of going about this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I had them retest me when I had my daughter. They ran it three times. It all came back A+
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Maybe you're parents are wrong about their blood type, you never know, don't jump to things right away
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2011