37 Week Ultrasound

I went to the Dr. Yesterday and he told me he will do an Ultrasound at 37 weeks (in 4 weeks) to see how big my little one is she is growing a little faster than usual and if she is on the bigger side I will be induced early, I am kind of excited because I am getting to the point of ready to be done.

Just wanted to share with everyone please feel free to comment but be nice!

ryanbear2006

Asked by ryanbear2006 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Congrats on getting to see your baby soon :) and Both my boys was on the bigger side one was 9lbs the other was 8 1/2lbs.. and I was induced with both its a little harder on your body but good luck
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• baby girl

That is great!! Have a happy delivery mommy.

sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i had an ultrasound late in the pregnancy also to check for weight. it was wrong though. those ultrasounds can be way off. just be aware of that. i was induced but i was induced at 40weeks though. but you are of term at 37weeks should be ok even if the dr goes that way. good luck and have fun. congrats.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm glad you are happy about it. But don't do it. Babies come when the come and forcing them out can turn ugly real fast. I wouldn't keep/cancel the appointment and would severly limit my contact with that doctor. Doctors who talk like that have very high c-section rates. This is not good news.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My Dr. didn't make the suggestion I asked him about it my youngest son was 7lbs 15 oz when he was born and got stuck in the birth canal luckily we were both ok but I do not want a c section and she is big so I requested too check. My dr refuses to tell me what size my baby is because it is not late enough to tell as was said in another comment 37 weeks is considered term so it is not harmful if she is big and induced 1 week early! My dr. is by far the greatest dr. I have ever had I could never look for another dr.
    ryanbear2006

Comment by ryanbear2006 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Babies come when they are ready and an ultrasound can be off weight wise plus or minus 10%. An ultrasound the day before I delivered (checking if he was still breech) said my son was well over 8 lbs and he was born at 7 lbs 1 oz the NEXT day with no induction or anything. He was very long and that is how the ultrasound weight prediction works. They measure the length of the bones and tell you what the weight of a child at length would be if they were in the 50% for weight. Early inductions quite often end in c-sections so even though you say that is what you don't want it may end that way if you induce early. Ultimately this is yours and your doctors choice, but I would recommend against it and I would recommend pushing in a squatting position if the first child got "stuck". It is the best position for pushing as it opens up the birth canal more then in bed pushing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Far as I know 37 weeks is considered late-premature or something to that affect. Hard to tell if your date is accurate too unless you know the exact day you conceived. Getting this close is very exciting but I would encourage you to wait if possible until this little one lets you know s/he is ready!
    mamamoonbirth

Answer by mamamoonbirth at 2:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 37 weeks is considered full term, but that does not mean that baby is ready or guarantee that baby will be healthy, it means if labor starts naturally they won't stop it. Please read this story, it has touched me very deeply, I hope it will do the same for you.

http://community.livejournal.com/pregnant/12737890.html
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Ok just so everyone understands, I will not be induced at 37 weeks I will be having an ultrasound at 37 weeks if I get induced it will be around 39 weeks. My daughter has been trying to come out since november I have been put on maternity leave and light duty work at home, I am not trying to be selfish just to get my baby out of me!
    ryanbear2006

Comment by ryanbear2006 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011