Does anyone know anything on the Unemployment benefits system?

We've had a horrible Year! DH lost his job & our insurance! I get Triple Negative breast cancer. I can't work due to my health and disabling 3 Chemos. No one is employed here! Either let go or places closed down here!! Anyway so without warning on 12/7. On DD's birthday DH's UEC stops! He's reevaluated. But meanwhile our bank account goes.. below zero and bounces and fees!! Then he gets a letter saying keep filing. Another letter saying you're going to receive less benefits but still eligible. When Emailing them then says his name & social isn't in the Data base!? Now says go on keep filing. But in the meantime. NO income money at all. Bills pile up! If he was just evaluated in December! Why again? Then with no money and having survived every hard ship. Going without. What can we do now? Is this Right? How often are you reevaluated? Anyone experience this? Your kind favor to reply is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• Is there an office he can go to and talk to someone? I was not reevaluated after being on UC for over a year, I was just given an extension letter in the mail. Not sure what is going on but HE needs to talk to someone. Apply for medicaid to cover your medical treatments.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• He should still be eligible for it. Has he spoken directly with someone?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I agree about trying to talk to someone, whether on the phone (takes forever in hold time) or in person. But in the meantime you need to apply for emergency medicaid and food stamps. Litterally go today, get an application, get all the necessary documents together and go turn it in tomorrow.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You can do it online too.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• He needs to call his local UE office. As of right now, one on UE gets 26 initial weeks, then tier 1, 2, 3, and 4. If their state has it, extended benefits (up to 20 weeks). How long has DH been on UE?? Did he take any PT work while on UE?? He has to call a UE office.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• He needs to ask to speak to a supervisor. Something doesn't sound quite right to me.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thank you! We have NO local office in our Area!! Online isn't helpful. Since they say now he doesn't Exists! Some weeks he can get like 3-4 of the same letters! One contradicting the other! He'll get a number. But have to do all the questions manually. Purely Frustrating here! Constant Migraines for me! .. So many out of work in our Area! Next month alone another 366 from the mill clsoing down! DH was at his job over 24 Years!!
    Angellinda

Comment by Angellinda (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011