Should I take her

My babysitter called because her 3 yr old son has a slight fever, but its not high enough for her to close her home day care...She just called to let me know and leave it up to my discretion as far as whether or not I want to take DD in..So should I? If its not high enough to close the day care should I take her or not?

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• No, don't take her. Unless she's had a fever for 72 hours a doctor isn't going to do anything but tell you lots of liquids and rest and Tylenol and Motrin.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• what do you have to do today? just take her to the sitter for personal reasons or b/c you have to go to work? if it were for work i'd take her but if not, no i'd keep her myself
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No just keep a close eye on her and only if it get higer than 102 would I call the Dr. As your babysitter said it is your call though you are mom.

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• lol she said her babysitter's son not her dd
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I agree with sheer heart.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If it's for work, I would still take her in, as long as the sitter can isolate her son, he should be resting anyways if he's sick, and she cleans and disinfects toys/surfaces, than I would take her in. If it's for personal reasons, then i'd say stay on the safe side and keep her home. But go with your motherly instincts, they're usually always right lol =)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011