Spoiled?

My son is 4 months old and for what ever reason when my father holds him, talks to him, or even sits to close to him, and my son wigs out and cries! My father is SOOOOO sweet to my son and treats him like so well. My son never used to do that b4, why do u think he's doing that, and will he ever stop? My dad's feelings are so hurt.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 11:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids did the same thing when they where that young. I think it has to do with the male voice. He will grow out of this. It will take time, but he will grow out of this. Good Luck!

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• babies do that, he'll eventually grow out of it :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have known a lot of babies who do that to men actually. its not personal.. he probably will just take some time.. it has nothing to do with being spoiled.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It could just be that your son has reached the age where he recognizes who is and who isn't his mom! lol My Little Bear had a short phase of this same behavior and grew out of it rather quickly. The best thing you can do is explain to your father that your son is just voicing his preference for Mommy and that it's not going to be forever. Then reassure your son that you are there. Maybe try sitting next to your father while holding the baby and letting the baby decide when he is ready to interact.

Good luck!
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• give it time. I may be nothing personal.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• He's not spoiled. Can't spoil a baby this young. He just KNOWS you are safe... grandpa, he doesn't know so much. Never mind how good your dad is to him, he's still a Hairy Scary Creature with a Booming Voice who is Not The Momma!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011