do you think there is a double standard

i think now a days it is ok to..... people to tell your kids about homosexaul life stlye muslim religion , not believing in any God what so ever but if you tell someone about Jesus your are a crimanal , i seen on the news that a teacher was telling kids about his gay lifestlye and when parents complained they said that was a hate crime to do anything like suspend him or fire him but if a teacher talked about Jesus they would be fired and hung or even if they just talked about their headalsexual life style

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep there is most definitely a double standard. It will only get worse.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 8:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I agree.. it is gonna get worse.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I will say that I too think it is a double standard and this is coming from a lesbian. I believe that children should be taught about marriage, love, religion, and sex at home. Every family is different and I would not want someone else's beliefs being told to my child. A matter of fact my daughter is very religious of her own free will and when she joined a before school prayer group I made sure to let her know what my thoughts and feelings were on certain things that may be discussed that may be against all that I taught her. This of course did not make it so she could not join this group. Both my kids studied different religions in school so I feel that it gave them choices in what religion they might lean towards as an adult. I want to be open minded as much as possible but I do feel that government is the one that sets these double standards in may aspects.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There definately is a double standard. My cousin goes through the same thing in college. They have discussions in class about different religions but the second Jesus is brought up the teacher draws the line there. You can talk about anything BUT Jesus. Why are people so afraid of him?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• ReneeK3, they are afraid of Him because they know He is the only One Who can make a difference in people's lives, and nobody likes to admit they could be wrong about anything.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• We are just living in a day where wrong is right and right is wrong.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I agree with "candygirl1030"....some things such as sex and religion should be taught strictly at home. It's the parent's responsibility to teach their child and far too often parents are letting the schools do it. It's not the school's job. I honestly think those types of subjects need to be taken out of schools OR the schools need to allow kids to skip those subjects without penalization. Parents need to step up and actually parent.

As for there being double standards ~ absolutely, without a doubt. And yes, it will get worse before Christ returns. Much worse. Buckle up kids. =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 9:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I remember in 7th grade the day that evolution began to be taught for that semester. I listened without complaint but than asked if I could say something. I began to discuss creationism with my class and the teacher just flipped out, told me to be quiet or leave the room. I left.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 9:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well you know talking about Jesus isn't politically correct. And thats the culture we live in and yes it only will get worse sadly. It certainly is a double standard. Jesus is the name above all names!
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• What does the "Muslim Religion" have to do with this?
    Anonymous