My son Had his First Shots today.... Help!!!

My Sons Legs r really really Tender and Ive given him the little bit of Infant Tylenol but if he or I even brush his legs he cries really hard.... he even has tears... what can i do to help that???

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Next time he goes for shots, give him tylenol BEFORE the visit. That way it's in his system before the shot is and it has time to work right away. Otherwise, for now, just be extra gentle with him. Maybe just let him hang out in his diaper for a bit, if it's not too cold.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• just be careful, for a little while try not to hold him...
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 8:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• aww, poor baby. My son was the same way, the only thing you can really do is wait it out, and give him tylenol every so often (whatever the box says) and swaddling might help him from bumping himself. good luck.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Our nurse told us that we could put cool washcloths on his legs to soothe the soreness...just make sure the rest of him in comfortable while you do it, and don't leave them on for too long.

Here's hoping he goes to sleep and forgets about it soon!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• rotate between tylenol and motrin the cool washcloths is a great idea. It does soothe their legs.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I put my son in the bathtub where he could stretch his legs out to get the soreness out and it was a little warmer than usual and it soothed them as he did it and about an hour after he did that he had no problems and not tyelnol needed
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 10:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008