Can you have implantation bleeding when you are 5-6 weeks?

I started having a brown discharge on Monday and when I went to the Dr. on Wed they said i was 5 1/2 weeks, which I thought I was closer to 7. They done an u/s and they saw the embryo and sac but no heartbeat which I know it was early for that. They said it could be implantation bleeding. But I thought that occured within 2 weeks of getting pregnant. Any advise? I am still having discharge and at times it gushes out. I go back next Wed for another u/s.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be implantation bleeding. To be safe I would contact your doctor.
    sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 11:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't think anything should be gushing out. I think implantation bleeding occurs when the embryo implants itself to the uterus. So I don't think it's implantation bleeding. I had some spotting through the beginning of my pregnancy. I would just talk to the dr about it.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• As long as it's not bright red I think your ok.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• um well no because the embryo already implanted 5 weeks ago
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• it could be. i know two people who had their period for the first 3 months of their pregnancy
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's not implantation bleeding.
    It could be many things. Are you going back to check on baby by Ultrasound in a few weeks? that will tell you what's going on.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011