???

My ds is 4 months old and he takes at max two 40 minute naps a day, one in the am and one in the afternoon, anyway my questions is, sometimes when he wakes up from just 40 mins. of napping, I leave him in his crib for another 30 min or so. He's NOT crying, he's just chatting with himself or his stuffed animals, or I put his mobile on and he just laughs and chats at his mobile....is this bad parenting to leave him in there? Should I take him out to do something else since he's done napping?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 11:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• No if he is ok, let him just hang out by himself for a while. Maybe 15-20 min or so, then I would go get him, but be chatty and smily and giggly with him a little before you pick him up. You never know he might fall back to sleep :)
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 11:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't think it's bad parenting. He's not upset and he's entertaining himself so hey, let him!! :o) My son is now 3 but he used to do the same sometimes.

If he's content with what he's doing and you are checking on him, then he's fine! :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Sounds to me like he is perfectly content spending that time playing and interacting with his surroundings. How can that be bad?
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• As long as you check on him and he is fine and happily playing then no that is not bad parenting. My children never did that, but some do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Not bad parenting at all.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If he is happy, that is all that matters.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Not bad for him at all, in fact it is good for him to be by himself a little
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011