My poor 14 month old baby is sick :( with the flu :(

What do i do ... i found him this morning in his bed with puke all over the place :( and hes just not being himself he had a full diaper too :( what can i give him i didnt give him anything yet cuz im afraid he will throw up again ?idk what to do help me please?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him lots of liquids and only liquids. Have you checked his temp yet? Alternate Tylenol and Motrin. My LO just got over this too. I walked in the same thing puke all in his crib and a fall diaper. It passed within a day.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Poor baby! I would call the dr and see what he/she says. I hope he feels better.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• At 14 months check his temp and if over 101 then give meds. Other then that push solids like crazy today with him. If it continues tomorrow then call the doc. Our doc says to let the fever do it's job and just let them rest and push liquids when they are puking. If he keeps all liquids down today then try the BRATTY diet tomorrow (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Tea, Toast, and Yogurt).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• well right now hes throwing up still. soo i dont want to give him whole lot... i dont have a damn car right now to go buy pedialite... my family is up in the hospital cuz my 96 year old grama is up in the hospital with the flu ..:/ and he doesnt have a fever ... but he coughs once in a while and when i rock him in the chair i can he him breathe and its raspy ... but i think its more up in throat maybe its phlem ? when i hold him in thechair i can feel his chest chatter or vibrate>?
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Maybe try some weak peppermint tea to help calm his tummy. If that stays down, maybe some small sips of water or gatorade if you have it. I don't know about that rattling chest though. For that I would at least call the dr.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• liquids. Get some pedalite. My 16 month daughter had that for a couple days. She snacked on toast and crackers (but not much) and pedalite. She did end up getting sick after eating, and she didn't eat much. (didn't really eat for 2 days). But it passed fairly quickly. Good luck and blessings
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011