Overwhelmed.

Sometimes, when I'm alone with my son I feel overwhelmed even though he's not difficult to take care of at all. And when my hubby is with me, even though I still do MOST everything, I don't feel that way because I'm not alone. I think sometimes maybe it because even though I do most everything I have him there just in case I do need help. Is this overwhelmed feeling normal, will it go away? p.s. my ds is 4 m/o

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 12:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is very normal and for most women it goes away with time as you get used to having the baby around. Make a point to have time by yourself every day. I noticed that when I got that overwhelmed feeling was usually when I was not taking time for myself. Even if it is just to have DH take care of the little one at night long enough for you to take a shower and relax.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's normal! :-) For me it went away once I gained more confidence in myself and got used to me being a mommy.
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 12:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2011