Any suggestions??

My daughter(21 months) refuses to sleep longer than an hour or two and then she will
scream her head off, I'm confused because she's been a great sleeper since birth...Here recently she has had some trouble staying asleep until morning, some days she will go to bed and stay asleep and then other days she will just sit in her crib screaming to the top of her lungs...I know that you are suppose to try to let them calm themselves down or soothe themselves back to sleep I try to wait her out but she doesnt stop so i have no choice but to go get her which starts a pattern of "hey if i scream and cry long enough mom will come and get me" plus I have 2 other children and a husband that has to get up early for work so I throw in the towel just so they can get their sleep.....I dont know what to do...She needs her sleep
Is there something wrong??? Is this a phase she's going through???

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 12:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• It sounds like she is about to have a growth spurt or hit a major developmental milestone. Try co-sleeping; it can be calming for everyoen.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2011